Sunday, July 14, 2013

Purple Hair

Yeah this is old. I meant to post it weeks ago, but I have tiny babies and a bad short term memory. Don't hate.
I decided a while ago that my hair needed to be purple again. A charming shade of heliotrope would do. It's really not that hard. If I can do it with a 7 week old and a toddler on my hands you can do it too.
First off you'll have to bleach. Lucky for me my hair is already blonde, so all I have to do is my roots:
Sexy right?
If you've never bleached your hair, just follow the directions on the package. They'll walk you through it step by step.
Now add the purple! I like Manic Panic's Ultra Violet, but there are lots of choices, choose what you like. I also dilute mine a bit with conditioner so that it isn't as dark. There is no science behind it I just mix some in.
And you thought I couldn't get any sexier...
I usually use an applicator brush, but I won't lie, sometimes I just slap that shit on like conditioner and brush it through. Works just as well, honestly. Leave it in for 45 minutes then rinse it out with cold water (the coldest you can stand!). I like to do a vinegar rinse at this point, it's supposed to help the color last longer. Not sure if this is actually the case, but vinegar is cheap, and a great conditioner, so who cares? After it's dry run a flat iron through it to seal the color in. Voila. Luscious purple locks.

Warning: Tiny babies may be terrified of you now.
Don't worry, pop em in a sling and they'll forgive you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.